The coronavirus is dominating news headlines, hand sanitizers are flying off the shelves, and a lot of disinformation is being spread along with the disease. There is no vaccine for the virus yet, essential oils will not protect you, ordering or buying products from China will not make you sick and stocking up on masks is not recommended.
However, it is true that while hospitals and governments across the globe are trying respond to the growing coronavirus outbreak, there are a few things everyone can do to reduce its spread:
Protecting Yourself from Coronavirus
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue, then toss the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds often, especially after using the bathroom, before eating and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not buy or wear face masks unless you are showing the symptoms of coronavirus (fever, cough and shortness of breath) or a healthcare worker.
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces often.
According to Johns Hopkins University, at least 159 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed across the US.
Professional Disinfecting Services Reduce Risk of Spread
We perform professional disinfecting services at all types of commercial properties. We work with hospitals, schools, offices, grocery stores, malls, food safety locations and more.
As the coronavirus spreads, Triad Service Solutions is educating customers on protocols in the event of an outbreak. If your staff, patrons or facility experience a suspected or confirmed case of the coronavirus or any other illness, call us for emergency disinfecting. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 303-744-8285.