Our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Plan - March 2020
Coronavirus Preparedness Plan
Triad Employee Protocol
We are committed to making efforts in reducing transmission among staff, protecting people who are at higher risk for adverse health complications and maintaining business operations for us and our customers.
• All employees are instructed to escalate awareness to supervisors if any confirmed cases occur at their location of work.
• If an employee comes into contact with a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus outside of their place of work, they are instructed to notify their supervisor immediately and refrain from reporting into work. They are also instructed to immediately notify the local health department.
• If employees feel begin to feel sick or develop a fever, they are instructed to call their supervisor immediately and to not come in for their next shift. Arrangements will be made for other employees to cover their shift.
o In the event that the number of sick employees exceeds the number of available employees to cover those shifts, the property managers will be contacted so special arrangements can be made.
• If an employee begins to feel sick or develop a fever while already at work, they are instructed to notify their on-site supervisor. They are to be sent home immediately and the supervisor is instructed to notify their direct manager.
On The Job Procedures
Employees are instructed to focus on:
• Identifying areas that may need special disinfecting (soft seating, restrooms, food trays, highchairs, tables and chairs, drinking fountains, door handles, etc.).
• Encouraging the use of proper PPE as appropriate.
• Monitoring inventory of disinfectants and other products if applicable.
• Fequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Covering mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
o If no tissue is available, sneeze or cough into elbow.
o Reminded to wash hands after sneezing or coughing.
• Using EPA registered disinfectant and maintaining proper dillution and dwell time.
• Change out gloves regularly.
• Use disposable paper towels in place of reusable rags where applicable.
CDC Notices may be posted in employee breakrooms or other locations.
Additional Sevices Offered
In our commitment to best support our customers, we can provide the following products and services (pricing and availability subject to change).
• Janitorial Supplies
• Day Porter Services
• Emergency Disinfection Services