A clean commercial space ensures that your employees and customers are safe and healthy—not to mention the aesthetic appeal of a clean and well-maintained space.
Commercial cleaning services include deep cleaning large areas like carpets and hard floors. Meanwhile, janitorial cleaning services help with regular upkeep by completing smaller cleaning tasks like cleaning restrooms and emptying trash bins.
This article will examine the differences and how you can access both services to keep your establishment pristine.
Understanding Commercial Cleaning
So, what is commercial cleaning? It involves cleaning commercial spaces like office buildings, warehouses, retail stores, hotels, and factories. Commercial cleaning is concerned with keeping large areas with heavy foot traffic clean. It often requires special cleaning materials, methods, and equipment.
Depending on your business type and specific needs, commercial cleaning services range from daily to weekly and monthly deep cleaning.
Here are some examples of facility cleaning services for commercial spaces:
● Carpet cleaning: Regular carpet cleaning of high foot traffic areas using methods like dry cleaning, bonnet cleaning, and hot water extraction
● Hard floor care: Cleaning linoleum, tile, hardwood, and vinyl surfaces using varying cleaning methods and supplies, depending on the flooring type
● Upholstery cleaning: Cleaning upholstered furniture to eliminate dirt, stains, and allergens through dry cleaning and hot water extraction
● Pressure washing: Cleaning building surfaces, sidewalks, outdoor fixtures, and parking lots using power cleaning tools to get rid of tough dirt and grime
● Window cleaning: Using high-pressure washing, handwashing, or water-fed pole systems to clean a building’s windows
● Restroom cleaning and sanitation: Deep cleaning restrooms and bathrooms to ensure surfaces are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly
● Waste removal and recycling: Disposing of trash correctly to keep the establishment clean; ensuring that waste is properly disposed and recycled accordingly
Aside from regular maintenance, businesses might also need commercial cleaning services to address specific cleaning needs such as deep cleaning after a flood, move-in and move-out cleaning, post-construction cleaning, high-rise cleaning, and medical facility cleaning.
The Role of Janitorial Services in Facility Maintenance
What are janitorial services? And how do they differ from commercial cleaning? For starters, janitorial services are smaller but more frequent tasks required to keep an establishment neat and well-maintained.
The daily maintenance task of janitorial staff typically includes:
● Restocking supplies
● Emptying trash cans
● Cleaning up spills
● Dusting surfaces
● Sweeping and mopping floors
● Sanitizing toilets
● Vacuuming carpets
● Tidying breakrooms
Janitorial services contribute to the upkeep of facilities by ensuring that workplaces and establishments are kept clean daily between the deep cleaning sessions that commercial cleaning services offer.
Janitorial Commercial Cleaning: A Hybrid Solution?
Janitorial commercial cleaning blends these two services by keeping facilities clean daily by providing janitorial cleaning services and taking care of large-scale deep cleaning through commercial cleaning.
Janitorial commercial cleaning bridges the gap between the two through a hybrid solution that ensures businesses can rely on a clean and sanitized establishment year-round.
By hiring a company that can care for all cleaning areas, businesses can save more money instead of hiring multiple providers. Doing so also ensures that the cleaning company schedules all tasks so that nothing falls through the cracks or is left unmaintained.
Comparing Janitorial Services and Commercial Cleaning
Janitorial cleaning services include smaller, everyday cleaning tasks to keep a facility in shape. Janitorial services are helpful to all types of businesses, whether it’s an office space, retail store, restaurant, or other facility.
Workers will typically report during your business hours to ensure that everything is kept clean during normal operations and after hours to take care of other tasks after everyone has gone home.
Meanwhile, commercial cleaning services are larger tasks that occur less frequently, such as specialized cleaning for events or jobs that must be done once or twice a year for building maintenance.
The Importance of Facility Cleaning Services
Comprehensive cleaning services help to maintain a healthy, safe, and productive work environment. Professional facility cleaning services for businesses ensure that your establishment is up to code and that your employees and customers are healthy and happy.
Among the benefits of facility cleaning services are:
● Employee comfort and wellbeing
● Upkeep of professional appearance
● Preventing the spread of illnesses
Case Study: Successful Cleaning Strategies in Commercial Facilities
Some real-life examples of successful cleaning strategies from well-managed commercial facilities include the following:
● A major flood hit a hotel, but Triad Service Solutions went full force to clean and keep everything safe for employees and guests within 24 hours.
● Another hotel suffered construction delays and had to hold its grand opening on schedule on time to avoid taking losses from canceling reservations. Triad Service Solutions did a full-scale specialized commercial cleaning to cover all construction dirt and debris to keep the hotel grand opening ready!
● A major supermarket chain called Triad Service Solutions replaced its previous floor cleaning service, which did expensive monthly cleanings, leading floors to deteriorate within 30-day intervals. By offering janitorial commercial cleaning, Triad saved the chain $40,000 per store each year.
We hope you learned much about the difference between janitorial services and commercial cleaning and better understand your business type needs. And if you’re a facility manager or director of operations needing cleaning advice or solutions for your cleaning woes, feel free to check us out at the Triad Service Solutions website.